Monday 2 February 2015

.


Greetings, my name is Linda and welcome to my Blog. 

It's all very well to get into a thick book with a slow burn, but the best books are the ones that grab you from the very first page. The first page sets the stage and hints at the "narrative vehicle" by which the writer will propel the book forward.




I consider myself an avid reader, but I will admit I have a short attention span when it comes to getting into books. If you fail to grab my attention in the first few lines, I start spacing out.

I don’t want to spend the first 50 pages trying to get into a book and I suspect most readers are like me. First impressions matter.

So every Friday I share the first step into a world of adventure. If you have a favourite, Click Here to submit a great opening page :)








.