Friday 29 January 2016

.

  Of all the events that happened in the months after I met Sol, the first I remember is the day he sent me twenty-five roses. The bouquet was the first gift I received from him - in fact, the first flowers from any man. When Sol didn't call me after the incident in the library, I worried that my angry outburst had given him second thoughts. For three days, I waited in agony for his call. I blamed myself and once again regretted how I often acted without thinking. 
  Later in our courtship, Sol gave me a brooch once belonging to his maternal grandmother. I loved the ivory brooch, but it was never the thrill of finding roses when I arrived home from my class at the university, when I thought all hope was lost. Roses, unlike jewelry, are living things and, like all living things, are here for a short time and then are gone. I doubt he ever told his mother he'd sent me roses, but she eventually learned he'd given me the brooch. I've never forgotten her words when she saw it. 






AmazonClick Here
GoodreadsClick Here
Google + Click Here
FacebookClick Here
TwitterClick Here



.